Legal Terms, Use, Liabilities, Disclaimer(s), Conditions and Warranty – These may be updated, revised, or changed without prior notice
By purchasing from Veterans MFG, LLC (“Vets”), you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions on this whole document and all pages and compromising this whole web page(s) or printed tangible page(s) (“Terms & Conditions”); furthermore, you represent, warrant, agree and confirm the following:
Due to the serious nature of our products regarding aid in protection, all sales are final except for warranty purposes. Veterans MFG® cannot issue refunds nor take back products sold due to the impossibility of Veterans MFG® being sure that a purchaser has not tampered with a product before returning it.
Veterans MFG® strives to produce the best possible products. You understand that bullet resistant products are of a very serious nature and while some products perform better than others, Veterans MFG® is offering additional protection for the purchaser versus having nothing. You understand that NO products are 100% “bulletproof”, but rather, are bullet resistant. You understand that Veterans MFG® products may stop bullets or projectiles but still result in injury or death to the user due to impact, force, angle, mishap, defect or blunt force trauma. You agree to not hold Veterans liable for any death or injury while wearing our products.
– Force Majeure is in effect with regards to all purchases
– We do not sell to felons or minors and it is against the law for a felon to possess Body Armor under both federal law (unless required by your employer, see Sec.931) and is also illegal under state law in many states.
– It is the SOLE responsibility of the purchaser to ensure that all transactions conform to U.S., Federal, State and Local Statutes, Codes and Ordinances.
– We reserve the right to refuse to sell to anyone, in our sole discretion, at any time and you admit to understanding this and will not hold Veterans MFG® liable against any lawsuit whether in the form of discrimination or otherwise.
– You are at least 18 years of age or at a minimum you are of the legal minimum age required in your state, province, or territory of residence at the time of purchase;
– You are not a felon or legally barred from purchasing, possessing, or using the item(s) purchased;
– You are legally allowed to possess and use the item(s) in your state and your purchase does not violate any local, state, or federal laws;
– You are not purchasing the item(s) for criminal or amoral purposes and you will only use the item(s) purchased for lawful purposes;
– You are purchasing the item(s) on your own behalf and not on behalf someone else in order to avoid complying with these Terms and Conditions;
– You understand that illegally purchasing, possessing, or using body armor or other items sold by Veterans MFG® may result in severe legal consequences for you, up to and including incarceration. Veterans MFG® will fully cooperate with all criminal investigations.
– You assume all risks of use (or misuse) of the item(s) purchased.
– You agree that Veterans MFG® is not, will not and should not be liable for any actions taken after the sale by the purchaser or for any improper use or misuse of any product by you or someone who attains the product from or by you. YOU are responsible for the product you purchase or attain. Veterans MFG® assumes NO LIABILITY for your use or misuse of any item(s) sold or donated, including, without limitation, any incidental or consequential liability.
– You understand that body armor is not bullet proof—IT IS ONLY BULLET RESISTANT when used properly, and if a bullet strikes you there is always a risk you will be injured or killed
– You understand at some angles, it is possible for projectiles to slide or deflect off edges of our products or otherwise ricochet. Projectiles that are stopped by our products can always potentially produce some level of injury for example: bruising, fractured (broken) bones, serious internal injury, bleeding or even death.
– You understand that no bullet resistant armor, plates, materials or otherwise products represented or sold by Veterans MFG® can guarantee you to be invulnerable to all threats. Getting shot ALWAYS CARRIES RISK and veterans is not liable for such risk.
– You agree not to test body armor by having a person(s) or animal(s) wear it and be shot with a firearm or pierced with a sharp object–any video submitted to us showing such behavior will not be promoted in any way, and, if posted publicly (e.g., YouTube), could be used against you in criminal prosecution; and
– You agree, for yourself and your heirs, assigns, and agents, to fully and completely release, never bring any action in any court of law against, and to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Veterans MFG® for any and all liability stemming from your purchase, possession, or use of the item(s).
– You agree that venue for any arbitration, or any legal dispute shall lie in the city of Katy, Texas in the county of Harris or Fort bend only. The laws of the state of Texas apply to all transactions.
– You understand that it is your responsibility to give a copy of these terms and conditions upon transfer or resale by you to another party and that Veterans MFG® will not be held liable for any matters involving that sale.
Non-law enforcement residents of Connecticut are prohibited from purchasing body armor online. It is the Purchasers responsibility to follow regulations in the state you reside. Vets will not be held liable for mistakes in law on your part.
Manufacturer’s Warranty (Veterans, partner factories or manufacturers):
– ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND MERCHANTABILITY ARE HEREBY EXCLUDED. NO ORAL AGREEMENT OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND SHALL BE BINDING UNLESS IN WRITING AND SIGNED BY Veterans MFG®. Statements, images, or descriptions are informational only, and not made or given as a warranty in any way. Veterans MFG® specifically disavows any other representation, warranty, or liability related to the condition or use of the items sold.
– Armor and/or armor plates are ONE TIME USE and must be replaced after being shot. Veterans MFG® does not offer free replacement for products that have been used except for special circumstances where an Officer/Ems/Fed, etc. was saved by our product(s) and needs a replacement.
– Veterans MFG® will not guarantee any product if it not used for reason intended.
– Ultralight Armor products have a maximum temperature limit of 140F/60C and should not be exposed to temps above that. Exposure above the limits can cause materials to breakdown and potentially cause products to fail.
– Do not leave products in direct sunlight.
– Every item is sold “AS IS” and “WITH ALL FAULTS”. The entire risk as to the quality and performance of the product is with the buyer. Veterans MFG® does not cover any consequential damages, and its liability is limited to repairing or replacing defective items.
– Veteran MFG® is willing to accept back any armor plate or shield that has been successfully deployed by a Law Enforcement Officer (Police only) or Federal Agent while defending yourself from a threat or attack and struck by a bullet. Veterans MFG® will use the product for advertising or marketing purposes. Veterans MFG® will issue a replacement product equal to the returned product including a reasonable amount of shipping costs. Veterans MFG® requires photographs of the product, information regarding the shooting or incident and a case number or file number from the proper agency investigating the shooting.
– Veterans MFG® will NOT accept back any product that has been improperly used in any manner other than explicitly described by Veterans MFG®.
– Veterans MFG® will repair or replace any manufacturer defects with a Veterans MFG® product for 3-5 years after the date of manufacture (product specific)
– Veterans MFG® will repair or replace the Spall Coating on Titanium Pistol Plates for up to 3 years if the purchaser provides clear evidence of defect rather than improper use by the purchaser.
– Veterans MFG® will repair or replace nylon coating due to defects for up to 6 months.
– Handles and straps on shields will be covered against defect for 3 months from the date of purchase. Purchaser understands that handles and straps are used frequently and are not subject to last forever.
– Purchasers agree that Veterans MFG® products should be handled with care and replacement does not include (but not limited to) the purchaser throwing around, mutilating or otherwise using in a ludicrous form or manner apart from the product’s purpose.
Show respect for the product(s) and Veterans MFG® will stand behind our product(s). Any damage caused by the user is not covered by our warranty.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) / Export Regulations)
Level IV rifle rated body armor (Rifle Plates) and Bomb/Blast system fall under the jurisdiction of the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), and are subject to the export control laws of the U.S. Government. Export or retransfer of Level IV Rifle Plates by any means to any foreign end user, or for any other end use, whether in the U.S. or abroad, without the written approval of the U.S. Department of State, is prohibited.
Level III rifle rated plates are now under the control of the Commerce Department’s Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS) and administered under the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and remain subject to the export controls laws of the U.S. Government. Export or retransfer of Level III Rifle Plates by any means to any foreign end user, or for any other end user, whether in the U.S, or abroad, without the written approval of the U.S. Department of Commerce, is prohibited.
The sale, transfer, transportation, or shipment outside of the U.S. of any product prohibited or restricted for export without complying with U.S. export control laws and regulations, including proper export licensing, documentation or authorization, is strictly prohibited and may result in civil penalties and/or constitute a federal crime. Veterans MFG® will not engage in any transaction that requires the illegal export of any products and will not assist directly or indirectly with the illegal export or re-export of any products.
– Veterans MFG® strives to test its products against multiple threats. It is not possible for veterans to test against EVERY possible threat in all forms, weaponized or other.
– Purchasers for resell are responsible for collecting sales tax, use or import taxes, fee’s, etc. as applicable.
– Returned checks are subject to a minimum fee of $30.
– Shipping or delivery correction due to customer error will be charged at the rate of delivery company plus $15.
– Any invoice, shipment of products or delivery of goods unpaid within 30 days from date of issuance are liable for a minimum charge of 2% monthly interest.
– Shipments damaged or lost in transit must be communicated to Veterans MFG® within 2 business days from expected date of delivery to claim for damage or loss.
Product Warranty Cont.
Veterans MFG® officially offers and provides a 5-year minimum warranty on most products for Federal, State, Municipal and other qualified buyers when explicitly stated and when provided this document.
Products and labels typically will come affixed stating a 4-year warranty on the ballistic core of most products but this document will afford 1 extra year of warranty on the ballistic core of products.
Veterans MFG® Warranty covers the integrity of the ballistic core material. Veterans MFG® will replace the product at no cost to the buyer should the product have a defect. Veterans MFG® ballistic products warranty does not cover intentional or unintentional misuse by the wearer/user/buyer.
Veterans MFG® Terms and Conditions must be followed and adhered to all times and any use outside of the Terms and Conditions will void the warranty.
Veterans MFG® labels will also explicitly state additional terms and Conditions which must be followed and adhered to at all times.
Ballistic products should be treated as lifesaving tools and/or equipment and respected/treated with care at all times.
Care instructions, questions and/or concerns can be directly addressed by contacting Veterans MFG® at: firstname.lastname@example.org or +1-832-437-3869.